Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I drove by here the other day and was stunned to see the collapsed building. I suppose it should not be a surprise, but I really lamented the fact that Detroit has lost one of it's last remaining neighborhood narrow "streetwalls". End St. had that old world feel that few places in Detroit still hold on to. I believe the street was narrower from its spur north of Jefferson by about 40%. Without buildings on both sides, the decidedly European urban feel is lost. And I doubt we'll see another building here for decades, if ever.

Thanks all, I knew I'd find the answer here. Gsgeorge, that was spot on. Hopefully, someone will be able to find out it's name.

Stromberg2