Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Because I ran a foul of the 10,000 character limit in the above post , [[10,195), I could not finish it.

As Iwas saying, "In conclusion:

Note: Chuck passed away on December 24, 2006. He was 4 years older than me. He fought in the Battle of Bulge.
    Playing handball, I had to beat him in straight sets. If we split the first two sets, he was just too damm tough to beat in the third one.
    His old neighborhood was Cooper and Barker.

Aaash, now, that was a satisfying read. I was raised in the UP and remember many such walks, but somehow, we always managed to alert the wildlife so never ran across any. Walks in the snowy woods are the best, especially if you get to come home to a warm fire and a supper of hot soup and good bread. Yum!

From the Social Security Death Index. I guess Chuck was much easier to use for a front name. Great post, Tp.

Oreste BATTILOCCHI Birth Date:1 Jan 1924 Death Date:23 Dec 2006 Social Security Number: 383-14-7669 State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Michigan

Another great read, tp. Reminds me of a great weekend under the Hartwick Pines one Christmas week, back in the seventies. That was where I learned that when one steps through thin ice and gets a foot wet, it is time to build a fire. It was also the first time I experienced light, fluffy snowflakes falling from a sky that still showed some stars through the thin clouds. The flakes could be heard when they landed gently on the forest floor.

Ray, a man can move on from the police, but the police cannot be removed from the man...
    Last edited by Bobl; May-02-09 at 09:16 AM. Reason: grammar

Thank you for starting my day out right. I felt like I was right there. How do you do it? Thank you a hundred times over!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful . . .

Tp - I've not been to the UP in years - you've taken me on vacation with this one - thank you!