Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Yes, I don't mind spending money and tipping well on a nice meal and environs, but I hate that "subsidy" price of some downtown restaurants like that breakfast place. Ugh... Like how ugly it got at the Sweet Georgia Browns at the end. Most of these places remain open well after the quality is gone and they're scrapping the bottoms of the GFS cans. I have it in my head of small portions, indifferent service and high prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecarl View Post
    i always wanted to go to detroit breakfast house after church. i remember the long lines to get in on sunday mornings. those shortened consistently, over time, to nothing. i checked out the menu online, and with my wife and four-year-old daughter, it would be close to $40 for breakfast. the location is prime and they would have done better business by creating a more reasonably-priced menu. it seemed like they banked on the sunday crowd to keep them afloat.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-27-10 at 07:43 PM.