Seeing that I am relatively young on this particular subject, my memories of the EEV are very partial compared to that of the older generation. The EEV still remains a favourite spot of mine to this day. Bishop remains my favourite strip in the Village-esp. that real big house on Chandler Park Drive and Bishop on the SE corner [[can't miss it-it's that big). I remember there used to be a Used GM dealer on Harper and Bishop. My mother and uncle bought cars there-Chevettes-and there was Detroit Edison-now DTE across the street from it.

My mother attended Jared W. Finney HS, she was one of the first African-American kids to attend that school. J.W. Finney, according to her and her contemporaries, was one of the first fully integrated high schools in Detroit. I worked there in '96 for one week, didn't like it at first. But found myself working there years later from '04-'05, and actually liked it until summer clean-up came, and.... well, I'll just leave that one blank for now, don't wanna get off topic.

But I will mention one other thing about JWF HS, The Canon Rec Center was [[I assume) Finney's Gym area until they expanded in the early 70s [[was Canon City property back then like it is today?).

But I remember the fruit market on Warren and Harvard [[or was it Grayton), that became a used car dealership, and I think it was recently reverted back to a market. Pizza Hut is still there but you can no longer dine in [[WTH were they thinking even though they did add the wings joint in?!?), The Alger Theater I vaguley remember [[my family told me stories about it-it may reopen, it's in the works-has been for years), I've never been, but I heard that Wimpy's was the bomb! And from what I heard, a rodent infestation caused it to shut down and it hasn't been opened since. The Midas on Cadieux is still there as well as the Precision Tune.

The Maxey family still remains in business there. I never met Mr. Maxey, but I would always stop by and check out the used vehicles in the lot on Bishop and Mack before they moved several blocks east to where Joe Ricci's Eagle dealership was-that mound of rocks where you'd see a Jeep vehicle is still there today. But when I went for my walks in the Village, I'd step into Maxey Lincoln-Mercury for a minute and fantasize about rollin' in Lincoln, or a Cougar. I was somewhat saddened by his demise in late '97. They were closed for a few days on that sad occasion. And who can forget Cusmano Tuxedo as well as the Yorkshire Market? Both of which are still in existence today. Although Cornerstone [[Mack and Morross area-south of St. John Hospital-from what someone else called it) has gotten my attention in recent years, the EEV still remains an all the more vivid memory for me.

I have pictures on flickr that I'll have to post later-flickr's blocked here at work again [[man, that sucks). So I gotta do it @ home...

Didn't mean to post such a long tread here. It there exists any inaccuracies in this thread I posted, do not hesitate to correct me, I insist on being as accurate as possible!