...I believe that Michigan should have done as in other states, leave it up to the bar owners" whether or not to allow smoking or not.
Actually, Michigan is now one of 38 states [[an overwhelming majority of the states) that mandates no smoking in bars. So, most other states didn't do as you have suggested, and let bar owners decide. Most states decided that the public health issue was too great. And if you leave it up to the bar owners, they'll go with what they know -- they think their customers are smokers. They don't realize they'd attract a whole new clientele if they'd make their places non-smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Most people that go to bars smoke cigarettes aND THAT IS a fact. Let the people have a choice, if you want go to a bar that is non-smoking, fine.
Ahhh, but in the past, the reason that most bar-goers were smokers was because the non-smokers simply didn't want to deal with the smoke [[yes, believe it or not, putting up with it is that bad!). So most non-smokers simply stayed away from bars because of the human exhaust issue. Smokers are only 20 percent of the population, a clear minority, yet that minority has been keeping the majority out of those establishments for decades. What you'll see now is more non-smokers feeling free to go to the bars of their choice. And smokers can still go to the same places; they'll just have to smoke outside the door. I think that's the last thing I'll say on the subject, other than: it's going to be the law. Deal with it.