Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I can't speak for Richmond, but I live in a town about 20 miles west of there, and, while what you say used to be true, not so much any more. We have our share of 'fancy' cars, big houses and spoiled brats. Most of the people that live here work or worked out of town, somewhere down toward the 'big city'. As to being safe, a lot of the folks who moved up here to keep their kids out of trouble brought the trouble with them, so safe is a relative term. We have the occasional gang stabbing and B&Es, vandalism, etc. Couple of murders last year in the next town over.
    Richmond is a bigger town than where I am, and it's actually closer to a city, that city being Mt. Clemens. I'm sure they get more than their share of petty crime and have plenty of McMansions in what used to be the farm fields of Northern Macomb county.
    I'm not knocking Richmond, but don't be so quick to judge what the people who live there are like, because they aren't that much different than the people that live where you are.

For best small town in the state I would of pulled for Cadillac, but go Richmond I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    For best small town in the state I would of pulled for Cadillac, but go Richmond I guess.
    Oh, yeah, Cadillac gets my vote.