Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Downriver Pizza

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by biketech View Post
    Whats the place that uses sauerkraut as a topping?
    That's Clemente's. Never been there. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Downriver Gal View Post
    That's Clemente's. Never been there. Is it good?
    Clemente's is very good. They were the first liquor license in Lincoln Park when they were on Fort Park. We stopped in on the wee hours of January 1st and had a riot.
    They had a buffet of food for their customers and had karaoke. Even Paul Clemente was out there singing. And his son who is about 12 years old was terrific at it!!!

Pizza Connection on Southfield, east of Fort, across the street from Calder's Dairy in Lincoln Park is a place I frequented when I lived there. However, I'm partial to Clemente's.

Quote Originally Posted by lalynch View Post
    Clemente's is very good. They were the first liquor license in Lincoln Park when they were on Fort Park. We stopped in on the wee hours of January 1st and had a riot.
    They had a buffet of food for their customers and had karaoke. Even Paul Clemente was out there singing. And his son who is about 12 years old was terrific at it!!!
    For years, Clemetes's used to sell much better pies from the bar, rather than the restaurant. Not sure when it changed, however I've heard it is different.
    [br]
    When I was young, the BEST was a place in LP named Collorazzi's [[sp?), which was located on the very north end of the LP Plaza and about where the ACO is today.
    [br]
    Mickey's a few blocks away is quite good and they've been in business many years.
    [br]
    Many pie parlors make superb pizza until they start selling franchise's and then the quality diminishes. Two good examples are in Southfield. Buscemi's and Papa Romano's.
    Last edited by wilderness; March-25-10 at 09:24 AM.

The Dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wilderness View Post
    For years, Clemetes's used to sell much better pies from the bar, rather than the restaurant. Not sure when it changed, however I've heard it is different.
    [br]
    When I was young, the BEST was a place in LP named Collorazzi's [[sp?), which was located on the very north end of the LP Plaza and about where the ACO is today.
    [br]
    Mickey's a few blocks away is quite good and they've been in business many years.
    [br]
    Many pie parlors make superb pizza until they start selling franchise's and then the quality diminishes. Two good examples are in Southfield. Buscemi's and Papa Romano's.
    I was young, about 7 or 8, and I remeber Colarassi's, too. The pizza, not the place. I do remember where it was, though. The ACO at that time was a National Super Market. Later it became a Chatham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I was young, about 7 or 8, and I remeber Colarassi's, too. The pizza, not the place. I do remember where it was, though. The ACO at that time was a National Super Market. Later it became a Chatham.
    Guess I'm telling my age. The "frats" used to go their after the football games. I've never had pizza with that much cheese anywhere, I was in the 7th grade and I guess that would have made it around 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    A memory test. Do you remember what the ACO building was before National's ? Rudy and Ralph Colarossi owned that place. A couple of school buddies used to drive the delivery Jeeps for them. They were the same sliding door models that the post office used to use. A lady and her husband took over the building and used it for a resturant for a while.

Default It's Gone Now....

I know there's been a thread on this already, but I do have to put in my vote for Peppina's in LP. Been gone for many years now. For a current place, I recommend BBoomer's Bar at Roosevelt and Southfield in AP. Been eating that for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    A memory test. Do you remember what the ACO building was before National's ? Rudy and Ralph Colarossi owned that place. A couple of school buddies used to drive the delivery Jeeps for them. They were the same sliding door models that the post office used to use. A lady and her husband took over the building and used it for a resturant for a while.
    Seems to me there was some kind of Oriental Restaurant in there for a while?

Hey Fred, what's happening? Hope all is well with you.

I second Boomers. Say hi to Kenny for me next time you are there. Let me know a good time and I can try to hook up with you for a pie there one day.

Did you read about Hatmaker in yesterday's paper? It was pretty interesting.