This article, from the Free Press, expands on many of the changes, closings, renovations, and transfers of schools, buildings, programs, and activities. It's long so I'm not going to copy the whole text here.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

From the text however:

Pershing will close

Northwestern will close, but the building will be reused: [[Northwestern High will close, but the building will house the Detroit High School Academy for Accelerated Options. The school will be for high school students who are behind in credits.)

Finney [[currently closed as of last year) will be the new site of Crockett H.S., but I'm unsure if it will be in a totally remodeled building or a new structure all together: [["New • A new Crockett High School will be built on the old Finney High campus. Finney closed last year.)

Southwestern is now slated to close in 2011.

What I want to know is what this text means for the MacKenzie H.S. Building:

New
• A $32 million pre-K-8 school will be built on the Mackenzie campus.

Phase II
New
• A small high school will be built on the Mackenzie site, turning it into a pre-K-14 campus.

In my opinion, MacKenzie is one of the prettiest and most architecturally significant schools in the district. Though the High School closed just a year or two ago, it's Pewabic Tile certainly still stands out! Hopefully, this school to be built on the MacKenzie campus/site will include at least a portion of the old building, preserving the beautiful architecture.