Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Detroit Yes Members Running for Office

I am attempting to run for office, the Detroit City Charter Commission, in the August primary, and am currently in the signature gathering phase.

Are there any other Detroit Yes members out there who are running for anything in the upcoming election season?

Personally, my positions are:

1. Work to aid the effort to have the city council elected by district
    2. simplify and streamline the Detroit city charter to avoid future "double elections, " as we will see this year, and other potential problems.
    3. Create more cohesiveness between city departments.
    4. When possible, push for preservation, adaptive reuse, regionalism, urban agriculture, "rightsizing" Detroit, landbanking, school reform, small business incubation, mass transit, bicycle advocacy, environmental planning, smart growth, recycling.

If you would like to support me, join my facebook cause:

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/2745...467?m=58df6bcc

And, if you are registered to vote in Detroit, sign my nomination petition by May 10th, at either Bureau of Urban Living on Canfield, or Urban Grounds in Eastern Market on Saturdays.

So, any other candidates on here? If so, post your information, and let's help each other.
    Last edited by HazenPingree; April-27-09 at 08:49 PM.