Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 46 of 432 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Larry, I didn't really leave the Garwood and head up to the Apostle Islands because you yelled at me. It was because of a situation similar to this that happened to me, I think up on Jefferson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5TJA...eature=related

OG.......I guess I can tell the real story now. I wasn't torqued out because of some dumb assed fire marshal's order making the "Top'o'Garwood" off limits for sleeping. You were wearing my pink capris. The ones you borrowed the week before and promised to return immediately after the Melody Theater Scritcher's Extravaganza! You know how I am about my pink capris! So there. Now you know the real story. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for being such an asshole. I also hope you will return my capris. I need them for the reunion. Got a little something special in mind.

I've seen those little troll heads in hot dogs many times.

Default Salvia tea anyone?

Rick, if you're really interested, you can find numerous first person accounts of the Salvia Divinorum experience at http://www.erowid.org by searching the experience vaults for Salvia. The accounts range from no experience to extraordinarily mind-blowing. It was still legal in Michigan the last time I checked several months ago and you could buy it on-line from several sources. I've been tempted to try it, but I don't know...my courage for that sort of thing isn't what it used to be. Maybe some Salvia tea for the reunion punch bowl would be just the thing. Or maybe not. Any volunteers?

I like saliva better than Salvia...

Stn I was hoping for the orange bellbottoms, but, you're the guy who's wearing the supposed pants

S.R...only 2 more days til blast-off... the ponys are making the national news now...they're talkin about testing the horses for Steroids-I certainly hope the owners are not injecting horses with steroids--what do they think this is..Pro Cycling ?

OG, I don't blame Stone for being upset about his pink capris. Think about it dude. And it's been how long that you've had them. Bad enough you wore them, but to never return them? I'd be pissed off, too. While in A2 for the reunion, stay outta my closet! [[?????) I have a hard time staying in the closet.

1kd......thanks for the backup.

Glmn....the orange bells were definately in the running, but the green blouse with the brown horizontal stripes I had picked out...........well, it just wasn't me. Pink capris it is!

I'm on a library computer now, and this thread shows all the photos along with the text, like the old thread. Makes a helluva difference. Yup. That's what it does. Way better.

Did the Fords get any of that bail-out money? By the way, OG, hows it going with that Gar Wood bail-out plan? Is the application in yet? Don't forget to put in the number of people who visit this thread. If we can't keep this thing up and running there will be a lot of pissed off voters. Independents and Democrats, most likely. I can't see a Republican clicking on this thread more than onnce or twice at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    If we can't keep this thing up and running there will be a lot of pissed off voters. Independents and Democrats, most likely. I can't see a Republican clicking on this thread more than onnce or twice at the most.
    I'm sure they do. 80% of Republicans used to be Radical Independents.
    Except for 1KD, possible "closet" Republican.

Nice one, Mr Jones! Either way, it ain't gonna' help ole' Barackie baby. Actually, I could care less. As long as OG gets that aid package in for the Garwoodians, we've got a shot at pulling this gig off next year too. When we were in court the first time, I think I heard Ralph tell the judge that "that place down at the end is like a third world country...or something." So, we're on the official record as such. Pretty neat, huh? Third world countries get tons of money; all the time. That's what they do.

Hey Gash......remember old Earl? He lived with us on Alan Mootnik's spread out in Saugus. He just heard something about Emu-burgers on the a.m. radio Morning Farm Report. He seems a little worried...............or something.

Attachment 839
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-01-09 at 09:41 PM.

It seems like earl ran in to a farm of salvia, I saw they have it in Oahu,in the head shop looks like a round can of scholl, crew. But they said even though it's legal they would not sell it to any one under 18 out of their not sure where it would take a young person.

Stone, OG, you guys might have better memory about this one than I. It's right across the street from the Brown Jug. I think it changed names in fall 97' while I was living in A2. It used to be the ?Varsity?. Does that sound correct? It was a mainstay on South U for many years. All the requisite Michigan paraphernalia was on the walls; Big House photos, team photos, game scores, etc. Maybe Gleeman remembers.
    Attachment 840
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-04-09 at 12:37 AM.

Old guy, since you have requested a bail out for the Garwoodians I can now tell you of 1,000 acre spot that once belonged to Mcavee the anti virus dude that has 33million improvment$$ for sale for the modest price of $1million. After it was cleaned up it would make a mighty fine location for the 2010 reunion. Peace.
    Attachment 841
    Last edited by Lowell; April-26-09 at 09:56 AM.

Stoney, you asked about my take on Detroit's exalted position as the 'Most Dangerous', 'Worst Place', 'Murder Capitol', etc, etc. It's been rated as such for as many years as I can remember. I've never shied away from hanging out because of it's reputation. I've lived many places and haven't seen a whole lot of difference in terms of violence. LA, San Francisco, Albuquerque, NYC. I think a lot of violence in Detroit happens in parts of the city most white people and burbanites rarely see. The poverty and neglect in Detroit is almost incomprehensible. Some neighborhoods of this once mighty and powerful city now resemble woodlots and rural fields. There are thousands of abandoned industrial hulks from the manufacturing era. You were living here and Detroit had this reputation. Did it keep you from going anywhere or doing anything? I have a love/hate relationship with Detroit. For most part I love the city and it's people and hate city administrations. For most of my life, the city fathers and mothers[[???) have gone out of their way to screw everyday working families. After all I've said, there's a lot of cool stuff happening, in terms of events and developments. Unfortunately, I won't live long enough to see Detroit become a great and large city again.

Good Mornin' Ya'll, RockinRona sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the party this year. Hope to see you again another time. 1Kielson, The movie "Gran Torino" that Clint Eastwood recently did made the big "D" look kinda bad also, with all the gangs, but like any other big city, Huh? Peace.

Happy Sunday!
    Ruth, the pipes are in the Community Arts Auditorium at Wayne State University.
    Thought you might like them.

Rona, I'm bummed you won't be at the reunion, I thought for sure you were coming.

Stnfrnt, I think Lowell has been tweeking this new software. I've noticed a few new changes myself.

And about Detroit, I never bought into the whole FEAR campaign.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Stnfrnt, I think Lowell has been tweeking this new software. I've noticed a few new changes myself.
    I have been. A lot of you are uploading your images, but you are not taking the final quick steps to make them appear. Here is how.

1. Make sure you are in the Go Advanced posting box and click Mange Attachments below the posting box to upload your images. [You are doing this]

2. After the upload is completed the list of images appear, so now you need to insert them in your post. [You are not doing this.] Here is how.

3. Click where you want to image[s] to appear, then start by clicking the little paperclip icon and then click the image you want to insert...
    Attachment 843

An attach code that calls your uploaded image appears in your post. When you save the post
    Attachment 844

Voila! The image appears.
    Attachment 845

Morning all,
    grey skies , with great blooming flowers and trees, birds dancing in the cedars
    and earth worms tilling the gardens, what more can you ask for? Sunny skies are just a short way away.

21. Default

Also the red dots maker in front of a thread indicate that the thread is a DetroitYES Hall of Fame thread.
    Attachment 846

Use Search > Search Forums > Advance Search > Find Threads with Prefix

to view all Hall of Fame Threads.
    Attachment 847

Lowell.......on behalf of everybody on this whole thread, Thank You for that info. Are you coming to the party? Guest of Honor sounds about right to me. OG, Candyman and Sug could pick you up in the CandyVan. Bring a friend. Bring a dog. Bring a pen to sign autographs. BushMark, you want to reactivate the old GarWood extraction/recovery team? Get Lowell to the Firefly? It's the least we could do.

Wow, drought conditions here last week. Now we're floating. Bentspur, looks like it's getting a little soggy up there too.

Larry, I'm ready to go. You know what they always say, "Hey, maybe Bushmark should drive."

Hey Bushmark........were they talking about cars? Gus told me, once, that when you guys had that driving school up in the Apostle Islands, your cars didn't have any brakes on them. Saved maintenance costs. Same with horses. Gash never had any brakework done on his horses either, and he had a lot of them. Twenty...........all at once! Wanted to sell them to the U.S. Cavalry. Out there in Tennessee.

Default thanks

I'm so impressed...14,723 posts on this gargantuan detroitYes thread...everybody's keeping it goin'...THANKS everybody ! You can feel the momentum now... its gonna happen ....

I still wanta find the Mich Brewery bar downtown and have a drink of water w/ Detgrrl....Whaler...Margie...whoever...DK...any detroiters

glad there's a gathering on JUne 14 at Gallup Park - if anybody needs a ride tell me... to continue the festivities- and sure that there'll be some acoustic guitars there...with food and drink...should be a Bash ...

...lets remember Mr Hoover goes under the knife tomorrow-will be in the hospital for a coupla days....hoping he climbs out of that in good fashion...

Page 46 of 432 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 146 ... LastLast