Quote Originally Posted by Traveller1 View Post
GM must have other plans for the restaurant, why would they want empty space instead of having the restaurant occupy it? Even with the bankruptcy that the restaurant was going through, it's better to have something there.
What makes you think GM has anything to do with Seldom Blues operations? If they can't pay their employees, vendors, or rent, then how does GM help them out? What I can't understand is how did Frank Taylor think he was going to pay his bills at Seldom Blues when he couldn't pay his bills at the Woodward [[which closed), and then how was he able to open the Detroit Fish Market if he was having trouble in his other restaurants?

Here's the problem I have with Frank Taylor. Every restaurant he has opened has advertised that it was UPSCALE. Why couldn' t he have his restaurants vary their prices so that people with different incomes could afford to come to his restaurants. Here it is that now he is down to one restaurant where a guy that opens a Coney Island is likely to be around long after Frank Taylor closes up shop and moves on to another town. I don't understand his business acumen. Too bad. The two times that I did go to Seldom Blues I had a great experience. However, this wasn't a place I could go to several times a year. He made sure of that with his pricing.