Wow. I didn't realize he had everything in place once he got approval to start building the bridge immediately.

Somebody explain this to me though..... Matty wants to build a new span right next to the existing bridge, yet he wants to close the current Ambassador span. The new span would also be 4 lanes. How exactly would this increase capacity and allow more traffic to cross? Hypothetically if he gets to build his twin span, wouldn't it make sense to have it work like the Blue Water Bridge spans with each bridge carrying one way traffic? Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the best option to build the second span south of the current span so that the bulk of the truck traffic will use that one and the Ambassador would be mostly be for commuter traffic between Detroit and Windsor?

I understand why Matty wants his span obviously so he doesn't lose out on the tolls from the diverted truck traffic. But at this point what is the holdup on building the span downriver? Injunctions filed by Matty or the downriver communities? Environmental proceedings that still need to be completed?