Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 45 of 432 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Good Mornin'Ya'll, Hey Sug and Heidi

Mornin' ya'll, looks to be an absolutely gorgeous day in the D.

Heidi and Gus, glad to see you made it through cyber space.

Stnfrnt what did you mean "what did Kid Rock do to Tiger Stadium?

Went to a lecture yesterday by the award-winning scientist, conservationist and documentarian, Dr. David Suzucki at the Community Arts Center of Wayne State University. What a remarkable man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hmIKg4vhhA

He was discussing sustainability and our place in the global environment. The event was part of the Earth Week celebration.

Ruth, I had to take pictures of these for you...

Attachment 817

Attachment 818

Ya' know where my head was at looking at this organ, I thought it a fun moment in time.
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-20-09 at 08:30 AM.

It was announced today that Kid Rock has purchased the naming rights to the home of the Detroit Tigers for an undisclosed sum. Kid Rock and The Michigan Brewing Company, in a separate negotiation, are proud to announce that Kid Rock's forthcoming new line of beer will become the official beer of the Detroit Tigers.

Oh, the beer thing, right. I was wondering, because there is no "Tiger Stadium" the new ballpark is called Comerica Park.

Heidi and Gus....Welcome home.....I hope all your travels were safe and productive.......Kid Rock-----Well if you can't sell records, and your loosing your cred....Stole your image from Stnfrnt [[tee shirt and bowl hat and goatee) and things aren't going that well for you, why not sell beer. Might piss off some folks but that's the long and short of it.......I wish him well .......Loved the pics Ruth....very good memories of the farm and a few pool parties..........Well got things to do today out in the yard.....33 degrees the other day and 90 degrees today.....I'm so confused about what to wear......flip-flops, cargo shorts, winter coat, and fur gloves.....

Detgrrl -nice shots !

Stn,..I just heard about 3 earthquakes in Southern CA... what did THAT feel like ?I

Ruth..never knew about your doings at the Morgan sound thing - thats where we recorded a few songs -and I also didn't know about the Seger or Nugent involvement...but I did take pride in being in a real pro studio w/ Stnfrt and Eddie Saenz....also HiWatt and 4-String...

74 and Sunny up here..am going riding with my bro on his new bike..

By the way........DTGRLL love the pics of your organs....>?????,....reminds me of the time some one said to me....."Nice Woodie you got there"......mornin Stnfrnt

Dgrl.....I'm old school. Whatever you called it before, it's now "Kid Rock Park?"

Great stories and pictures Ruth! More chapters for the "Unknown Story of Rock 'n Roll" that you guys collectively carry in your minds.

Default garwood fun house

It will soon be changed so get it while your young....

www.collierpics.blogspot.com

get to the pictures for a good time

FROM KID ROCK SITE

It was announced today that Kid Rock has purchase the naming rights to the home of the Detroit Tigers for an undisclosed sum. Kid Rock and The Michigan Brewing Company, in a separate negotiation, are proud to announce that Kid Rock’s forthcoming new line of beer will become the official beer of the Detroit Tigers.

Says Kid Rock, “This has been a dream of mine for a long time, and with the banks in trouble it seemed like the right time for me to reach out to the fine people at Comerica Bank. Since they relocated to Dallas after opening the stadium here, they were very open to the idea of making this deal. I’ve never been more excited for opening day, and I’m proud to be able to add my name to the legacy of my favorite baseball team.”

-April Fools!

ShareThis

common u guys u had me fooled

Gleeman.......if it's below a 5.0 on the Richter scale, it's just a big truck going by. Didn't notice anything myself. I've been through the worst quake since San Francisco [[Northridge 6.8--1994) and don't ever want that again. But.....this is California. Mmmm...74 degrees; warm spring day in Northern Michigan; bicycles; your brother for a riding partner. Let me guess.............fantastic day in your immediate future?

Ruth......the house on Morgan Road? Great memories! The birthday party you threw; the beautiful leatherbound music you transposed to charts; the case of Heinekin that Nate Peterson gave me. It's sad to think of it as being all gone, now. Progress??

Gash........the Kid Rock/Stonefront image similarities haven't been lost on me over the years. Should have copyrighted the thing.

Where is our little Island Girl........Miss Rona.......whay's up wit'cha?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...251461&sc=emaf

some of you might find this interesting. The music of our times!
    And from A2 productions - formally Morgan sound studios.

det313grl
    great shots of the pipes - where is that organ?

Class! Class! Sister Mary Elephant here.

There was an earlier thread about pharmaceutical experiments, so I thought you might find this interesting.

There is a herb called Salvia which makes you trip hard for 5 minutes, and then your head is clear again. The funny thing is that since the effect happens so fast and is gone so fast, people put up videos on YouTube showing the entire trip. Here are two amusing ones.

One fully annotated trip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUY-KE4NR8

Driving on Salvia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruyjJwyf0M

When I searched the internet, I discovered the herb is legal in Michigan, but is illegal in several other states, and in Australia.

Salvia is a type of sage. Salvia divinorum is used for religious purposes, and Salvia officinalis is used in stuffing. .
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-25-09 at 12:20 AM.

Attachment 829Another Great Celebration ...
    July 1-5, 2009

Last year, hundreds of stoked and soaked festival-goers took cover in the Fisher Building when a torrential summer downpour cut the opening day short.

Little did they know that Cityfest Staff were already planning Rain Check Wednesday for 2009.

The festival plans for clear skies on Wednesday, July 1 for a belated kick-off performance by hip-hop veterans De La Soul, while local stars The Silent Years, Jazzhead, Magic Shop, The Hentchmen and others will reprise their ’09 schedules on the three other stages.

Five-time Grammy-award winning blues guitarist Buddy Guy will close the festival on Sunday, July 5. Buddy will play selections from his recent Grammy-nominated album Skin Deep and old favorites such as Damn Right I’ve Got the Blues, Feels like Rain and First Time I Met the Blues.

Stay tuned for everything else in between!
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:53 AM.

Ruthie, thanks for your post #1118. I'd read about the collection in the A2 News sometime last year. I ordered the CD from the library. Unfortunately, they weren't able to acquire it. Now I know where to get it from. It got good reviews. I'd imagine most people our age in the A2/Detroit area would love it.

Morgan Road is now basically part of suburban A2. Like much of the surrounding area that was rural/agricultural, it's been sprouting subdivisions and McMansions for well over a decade. My brother moved his residence and business to A2 from downriver over 20 years ago. He also joined the fire department as a part-time and volunteer firefighter. For years he'd say to me: you oughtta see what they're putting up all over the country side out here. Being an Insurance Agent and Firefighter, he had a firsthand look at the junk that was being built. It's unfortunate, but it's the American way. There's still lots to love and I relish the old neighborhoods around A2, but a lot of the former countryside is pure junk. I see it most every day of the week as I go about my work. If I happen upon a beautiful old barn or farmhouse, I snap a picture for memory.

#1. Dominicks, or Dom's as it's affectionately called, on Monroe between State and Tappan next to the Law School. Dom passed away a few years ago. #2. The Brown Jug. It was remodeled a while ago but it's basically the same jug.
    Attachment 830

Attachment 831
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-04-09 at 12:37 AM.

1klsn.....the Brown Jug photo did it for me. Spent many hours in there just kicking back. The place got crazy when Minnesota came to town. What's your take on D-town's #1 ranking as the "Most Dangerous City?" It was the "Murder Capital" when I was there. Check out the 'Better concept_give homes to undocumented aliens' thread if you get a chance. Also, there is another one discussing various 'safe' areas of Detroit.

Who in the hell is Matt Stafford and why are the Lions giving him all that money?

Glmn.....hope you and your bro had a good ride yesterday. I like to ride with my brother too, except he uses horses. Sometimes the brakes don't work on those things!

Attachment 833
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-01-09 at 09:41 PM.

Morgan road, and few other where you find yourselves driving in a caravan to some rocky road fun at the end ,the worse the road the better the party at the end Ya/Stonefront?

Attachment 834
    Last edited by Lowell; April-26-09 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Hey Gus & Heidi, welcome back to the wonderful world of Mansion Mania,,, where the beat goes on.... the strings get strummed.... the pitch soars.... and the vibrations oscillate .....
    Hi Heidi &gus guys yipie kai eh, back in the saddle again, I think my trip to mich won't be this year so please carry on in style with out me I'm really going to miss the darn fun thing.rr LOL

Stn ..yah the ride was good on a decent day..a 55 miler and I did get a cramp in the right leg near the end, but its very early in the season...I would like to ride a horse too sometime - maybe I can hook up w/ Gash on that if I can get down south...
    not sure about who Stafford is, but I know the Lions need something, and apparently the Fords [[owners) have a lot of money...

Page 45 of 432 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 95 145 ... LastLast