1. This is a pretty valid point: What is considered the useful proximity of a transit station? This really changes from person to person. Light rail stations are usually fed by other forms of transit or have some parking. If there is a will, there is a means. Any system will do a lot for metro area workers if it encourages job growth regardless if they personally use it or not.

2. Louie’s Bar would be smart to run a shuttle between the nearest light rail station if they were farther than a few blocks.

3. Detroit use to be a three-shift town. I know that’s waned quite a bit in recent years but downtown is the region’s entertainment destination which would be ridiculous to ignore the potential of providing evening and late-night weekend service. The second biggest surprise for the Phoenix light-rail line[[first being that it’s initial ridership was double than predicted) was more people used it to go out for the evening than did commuting to work.

4. Can you please provide specific examples of this? Mass transit systems usually require a bicyclist to cede their space to other passengers during high capacity by either moving to another car or getting off the train altogether.

5. Short sale the car while it still has some value, pay off the debt with the money you saved by riding transit and in the future try to stay within your means. I like my car too, but I also like my wallet.