Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Bigb23, you're gonna' love your mac!

ccbatson Guest

Almost all PC to Mac converts become the most rabid boosters of Macs.

Bigb,

What is your exact configuration [[OS, model computer, etc.)?

Other than the fact that you use dialup, none of us really know. Right now you are sounding like most end users complaining about something not working but not giving enough detail.

The fact that you are using a computer that won't recognize a thumb drive is a bit disconcerting. Also, since you are using dialup I'm sure you're not using a router, which is in essence a hardware firewall among other things. It keeps a lot of crap from floating down to your PC.

Lastly, take a look at where you are going on the internet. Since you are not probably downloading a lot of crap using bit torrent, music, etc. either your dialup has the security of a Thai hooker, or you like surfing to web sites featuring Thai hookers. [[No offense to you or Thai hookers).

I have both been an end user and administrator of Windows based PCs for over a decade, and have only once caught something so bad that I had to reformat my drive, and that was years ago, and my fault.

A router, AVG Free antivirus, and Ad-Aware have kept me safe for many years.