Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I agree with you quite a bit MichMatters. First and foremost it's the economy and Detroit's so called leaders have failed to diversify it for generations. But at this point with so little accountability in city government at any level or department what major industry would locate in Detroit? And does lack ethnic diversity naturally lead to lack of accountability? Regardless most major industries today prefer to locate in cities would a diverse populace.

When I hear many government officials in Detroit speak, or even many of those in the suburbs, it as if they are still back fighting the battles of the 60s, 70s and 80s while ignoring the problems of today. And yet these are the people that still get elected. I would suggest that it might be just a generational problem but Kilpatrick proved that wasn't even the case.
    Last edited by Detroitus; January-04-10 at 01:25 AM.