Thank you for your well wishes.

I ran comps on the houses nearby. My house is positioned just in front of Clark Elementary on Buckingham. Photos show complete houses, not burned down ones. Some are boarded up, but others have SUVs parked in front of them. Even the very pessimistic inspector I had do a private inspection of the house thought that this portion of the neighborhood was pretty decent, and worth salvaging.

Comps of rejuvinaterd homes sit anwhere between 50 to 75 K. Mine has a brand new roof, but needs a lot of interior work. Plumbing is gone etc. But boy it's a beautiful little art decco house and I would love to refurbish it. My wife is an amazing interior designer.

As a side note: I am not sure what the size of the Hispanic population is in Detroit but one of the best ways to generate salvage hustle and bring an exciting culture into Detroit would be for real estate agents to encourage more Hispanic investors.

Many Mexican Americans in particular like to deal in cash only, have the money to buy foreclosure properties in Detroit, and the "fix it" knowledge to do many of the home repairs themselves.

I wonder if real estate agents in Southeast Michigan would have any interest in cold calling potential Hispanic investors.

Just a thought. Surely there can't be any thoughts of
"oops there goes the neighborhood" at this point.