Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I remember a old thread about this on the old forum. It's a Hall of Fame thread if I am not mistaken.

It's really the southeast side of Detroit.

When I was a kid my grandpa used to walk his dog down there and had a friend on nearby Klenk Island who let him dock his boat there. There was indeed a trailer park there, which was kind of a cool place full of very old mobile homes. There was also a pretty large hospital at one time too, that closed sometime around the early '70s.. The boarded-up building used to be a sort of boaters and fishing supply place, with a dairy queen-like food stand. We used to get ice cream there on warm afternoons.

The park on the western end of that island [[Angell Park) was a big party spot for my cousins. Lots of teens hung out there for licit and illicit fun back in the day.

The old trailer park thread is pretty cool, if you can dig it up. It goes off into a kind of social history of that entire south of Jefferson neighborhood, where so much of my family lived.

I had a trailer there up untill 2000, we all got eviction notices. It was nice living there.

Jerrytimes,

Here's a link to the Hall of Fame thread that Reddog mentioned:

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1238530237

Thanks Kathleen.I didn't know how to post it.happy New Year to You and Dave. Feola is having a New Years Eve party. Look him up on facebook

Ron_saad Guest

Default Hall of Fame

The threads are gone and nobody know where they are in the new discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_saad View Post
    The threads are gone and nobody know where they are in the new discussions.
    They still reside at the old site, through the link provided by Kathleen. They were moved into the Eastside Memories megathread. The problem with the trailer park thread is that there are nine pages, all out of chronological order, and people were posting on more than one page at the same time.