Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Yeah Ravine no kiddin' he was a Nigerian! Nothing american about the dude. LOL good catch what a bunch of bone-heads. PC liberalism is making us all stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Yeah Ravine no kiddin' he was a Nigerian! Nothing american about the dude. LOL good catch what a bunch of bone-heads. PC liberalism is making us all stupid.
    I agree 100%. The lady on the plane should have just said it was a n*gger. I mean, isn't "black" a term of political correctness in and of itself. People need to be free to say what they mean and not make it all nicey nicey. The cracker should have just said it was a n*gger and we could just get rid of all this stupid PC talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I agree 100%. The lady on the plane should have just said it was a n*gger. I mean, isn't "black" a term of political correctness in and of itself. People need to be free to say what they mean and not make it all nicey nicey. The cracker should have just said it was a n*gger and we could just get rid of all this stupid PC talk.

Or as Isaac Hayes would have said, a bad motherf ... [[shut your mouth.)

[[Unexpectedly this thread is becoming very entertaining.)

LMBAO you know thats what some of them want to do anyway CP.....lmbao

Ravine Guest

I could be wrong, but it looks, to me, as though Crumbled Pavement & Whitehouse took my remarks and ran with them 'way off into a direction that has nothing to do with the point I was driving at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I could be wrong, but it looks, to me, as though Crumbled Pavement & Whitehouse took my remarks and ran with them 'way off into a direction that has nothing to do with the point I was driving at.
    Well, you put yourself out there. Merry Christmas.

Anyway, back to the point. I'm wondering why this flight was targeted. Of all the destinations they could have chosen, why Detroit Metro?

FWIW ........ IF [[IF) the goal was to "blow up a plane over American soil", this flight is a peculiar one to pick ..... following the most efficient path [[Great Circle route between DTW and AMS) .....it comes in over Canada and doesn't enter American airspace until it passes over the St.Clair River/Lake St. Clair.

Also noticed that this was Northwest Flight 253. Just a coincidence, but definitely reminds one of another one-time DTW flight.
    Last edited by MrNittany; December-25-09 at 10:16 PM.

^ Right. It seems as if Detroit was targeted. So odd.

I suppose this means that I lied to my students on the morning of 9/11. "No one wants Detroit."

Didn't you say you were tired of politically correct talk? What I said wasn't politically correct at all. In fact, after some clicks the 'Report Abuse' button and Lowell sees it, he's going to delete it. Nonetheless, I posted it anyway without regard as to whether it would offend you or anyone else. Isn't that what you are after? People speaking their minds and not biting their tongues because someone might get offended by what is said? Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

Ravine Guest

Didn't you say you were tired of politically correct talk? What I said wasn't politically correct at all. In fact, after some clicks the 'Report Abuse' button and Lowell sees it, he's going to delete it. Nonetheless, I posted it anyway without regard as to whether it would offend you or anyone else. Isn't that what you are after? People speaking their minds and not biting their tongues because someone might get offended by what is said? Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!
    Crumbled, I wasn't attacking you or Whitehouse. It's just that you two seemed to be veering into a direction toward which I was not heading and that I wanted no part of. You know what I'm talking about. My distaste for Political Correctness is a long way from being willing to fling open the door to all kinds of racial slurs.

As for English's remark:
    "Well, you put yourself out there. Merry Christmas"

Whatever that might mean, No, I didn't. I wrote out my thoughts in the way I meant to write them. I believe that what I wrote was clear. I neither meant, nor sought to imply, anything more [[or less) than what I wrote.

DetroitYES!: Where the ignition switch is always in the "on" position!!

As for English's remark:
    "Well, you put yourself out there. Merry Christmas"

Whatever that might mean, No, I didn't. I wrote out my thoughts in the way I meant to write them. I believe that what I wrote was clear. I neither meant, nor sought to imply, anything more [[or less) than what I wrote.
    Let me spell this out again, more clearly. When you choose to post, you have absolutely no control over how your words are received. I've received responses here on DYes that totally missed the meaning of my words, and ascribed all sorts of things that I didn't mean, but by choosing to participate and engage, others are free to respond as they will.

We all come from different perspectives. Therefore, it's sometimes difficult to perceive how our choices affect others' perceptions of our intentions. Growing angry because someone misinterpreted you is assuming a stance of victimhood, that others' perceptions of what you write is somehow unfair. When I don't feel like being misinterpreted, especially in a forum like this one where I disagree strongly with many points of view, I choose not to reply to a thread. That's why I've been on the forum for 7 years and only have a few hundred posts, instead of a thousand or more. I lurk quite a bit more than I post, and figure that some things aren't worth me exposing my flank by putting myself out there.

And the "Merry Christmas" was actually sincere... but judging from your response, you took it as sarcasm or ill will. Once again, I can't control how you responded to my post, which is as it should be. You would do well to extend others the same courtesy.
    Last edited by English; December-26-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added a missing word!

Sure does!

Didn't Kwame and the NAACP bury that word? *rolls eyes*