Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
I'm not twisting anything. My argument has nothing to do with the pros or cons of smoking or the rights of non-smokers.

The restaurant and bar owners in Michigan have now lost some of their freedom to run their business as they see fit and it will only get worse. I gave you two examples from NYC showing what happened after they imposed their smoking ban. Left unchecked, the government found more "health-related" reasons to regulate additional aspects of a bar & restaurant's operations, including their menu designs! The bar & restaurant owners in Manhattan really don't care since the NYC mandates apply to all of their competitors and the local customers can't vote with their feet. However, the owners in Queens near the Nassau County line probably find them troublesome since their competitors across the street are not burdened by them.
I agree with Mikeg. It has nothing to do with the merits of smoking vs non smoking. If I'm not mistaken, I think restaurant owners in NYC can't serve anything with artifical transfats in it. http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/car...transfat.shtml

When does it end?