Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Eastern Market's Made in Michigan

I haven't spent much time down at the Market, after moving out earlier this year, but came down for a Zeff's breakfast with my Livonia Friend and decided to walk around. Paused while wandering around Shed 2, really enjoying this vibe. It is a beautiful day to be in Eastern Market...curiously slow right now, though.

Came down to see one booth from a new company called BeyondButter..."butter from another udder"...that makes flavored butter products fashioned from the fella's frustrations of having to mix this stuff daily up through a lifetime of high-end commercial cooking. [[he claims to have been conceived on a prep table, apparently this food wisdom flows through his veins)

So, he's packaged 4 oz. containers of such flavors as Clive & Garlic, Roasted Bell Pepper, Honey Cinnamon, Honey Habanero, and finally Lemon & Dill. I only got a taste of the Habanero so far, and it was great. $4 each or 3 for $10...so I'm holding off on any more tastes lest I end up buying them all.

What an amazing idea, at least for those of us who don't know what to do in a kitchen with spices but still want to impress our guests!

Cranberry, Orange, and Walnut is promised for this coming weekend, in advance of the holidays...

[[full disclosure, I know this guy...met him at a dinner party at that farming fellow from the Time Magazine cover and have been friends ever since, but I was still skeptical until I came down for a taste...heh)

But, I'm going to spend some time meeting more folks down here and reporting what I can...if anyone has the back-story on any businesses or gardeners/farmers that sells here, please chime in. [[hence the thread title)

Cheers on this amazing sunny Fall day, I'd like to thank the Native Americans for inventing this Summer relapse, even if it is merely a tease!
    Last edited by Gannon; November-14-09 at 10:46 AM.