Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there really enough room south of 75 to support a new arena and the attendant parking? Assuming the Grand Circus Park frontage is one day filled in with buildings matching the park wall of buildings currently there?

I could see it if the UA and the Michigan were removed, and possibly the GAR, but the parcels seem too disjointed to really be of much use except for parking or "future development."

Just an armchair point of view here, but I still think the Wooward frontage is key, as it has made Comerica Park much more visible and easily identifiable, whereas Ford Field is largely unseen and to my thinking is sort of there just looming in the background.

This is what I believe would happen with a new Olympia sited south of 75. There is no way to really keep an open sweep of sight lines, and may have an underwhelming impact when tucked into a largely disjointed, isolated area.

Building it where the old Motown/Donovan building was, as I mentioned in my previous post, set back on this monstrous piece of vacant property would tie it in to Cass Park, give it a sweeping presence on Woodward, and give people a reason to cross over 75 if there are attendant restaurants and shops as part of the deal. Parking could easily be integrated, and as I mentioned, converting old Cass Tech into a parking structure, preserving the best part of the building, it's exterior.

Just a few thoughts.