MDOT has launched a study of the 8 Mile/I-75 Interchange on the Detroit/Hazel Park border. If I were a betting man, I have a feeling MDOT will tear down the current 8 Mile bridge over I-75 and rebuild it as a traditional interchange.

MDOT is undertaking a feasibility study, also known as an early preliminary engineering [[EPE) study, for the I-75/M-102 [[8 Mile Road) interchange in the cities of Detroit and Hazel Park. The existing interchange contains aging infrastructure built in 1969. Since it was originally built, traffic patterns and land uses have changed. MDOT is evaluating the interchange to improve the transportation system, connectivity, and aesthetics; reduce long-term maintenance costs; and complement the I-75 modernization project north of 8 Mile Road.

The outcome of this study will enable MDOT, in partnership with the local communities, to enhance safety, improve design and mobility, and plan for future transportation needs and changing travel behaviors through this unique area.
https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/projec...75-m-102-study