Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I have a saying, "I became one of tens of thousands of law-breakers again today; I drove the Lodge".

The speed limit is 55, the average speed is 65-70. What are speeding tickets now? $150? That could generated $1.5 million a day for every 10,000 speeders.

Smart phone routing maps, like that on my iPhone, report speed traps [politely called speed checks]. Speed cameras, if they come, would all be detectable and avoidable. So their main effect would be to cause traffic backups.

I have long heard that the speed limit means speed limit + 7 MPH over. What is your understanding?

Timely post. Yesterday I happened to take the Lodge for the first time in a long time. It wasn't too crowded and most everyone was doing 60- 65 but safely. Problems occurred with a handful that insisted on doing 70+ weaving in and out around the "slower" cars, missing some by what seemed like inches. If those people get busted, I have no sympathy for them. I have friends, usually iPhone users, that insist on driving with one hand, while holding and glaring at the phone, with the other. I seldom ride with them.
    I also took 696 through the construction zone, where they're "fixing the damage roads". Surprisingly, drivers were courtesy, driving single file, letting mergers in and out. Of course, there were a handful of the usuals, hitting the gas, [or the electricity] and trying to cram in at the end of the merge lane. That caused slow downs and back-ups.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-23-23 at 12:27 PM.