I am looking into purchasing a weapon for personal protection. A little late my friends would say since my home was broken into 3 months ago but better late than never!

I have been to 3 gun shops to pick the brains of the "guys in the know" behind the counter. So far I have lots of info but am nowhere closer to deciding what I need.

One guy says I need a 22, another guy said I need a 38 and of course there is always the big guy that thinks everyone should have a 9mm. I am not a small gal but don't want something that will be crazy for me to own and learn how to use responsibly. Some say used weapons are OK, the next guy says new is the only way to go.

The one place all referred me to was Motor City Marksman for classes. They all spoke very highly of Cat, a certified instructor there. Finally something they all agreed on!

It was so much easier to purchase my first home than purchase a gun. At least I could go by how "cute" the house was before even looking at the price. Probably not a good way to purchase a weapon!

Anyone have any suggestions?