MDOT is hosting a public open house on March 22nd for the automated vehicle lane planned for I-94 between Ann Arbor and Detroit. From what I gather, a lane will be built along I-94 each way. I wonder if MDOT will try to start this project next year since its planning to rebuild I-94 between Wayne Road and Beech Daly starting next year. Also, will this project tie in with the I-94 modernization project in Detroit.

The proposed CAV corridor project is a partnership between Cavnue and MDOT and envisions creating a CAV lane along each direction of I-94 between Ann Arbor and Detroit. The CAV lanes will enable a mix of CAVs, traditional transit, shared mobility, and personal vehicles. The proposed project will involve the installation of technology to enhance safety and efficiency for all users of the corridor. A public outreach process is underway pursuant to the requirements under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 to identify potential project impacts. Visit the CAV Corridor webpage for more information.
https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/news-o...ane-along-i-94