Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I disagree. Depends on the care and situation. I had a surgery years ago based on techniques co-developed in Mexico. Went great. Then there are problems that can occur. IMO, the US remains top-notch in trauma care [putting you back together after a car accident for example].

It can even be argued that we lead in Trauma due to our culture which is research motivated re. that form of care, etc. Other countries not as much in some cases. Especially poorer nations.

Additionally, health care for the middle-class, though expensive is still accessible as we yet have a middle-class [last I checked] demanding and paying [via their premiums] for such offered. Looking at some countries we have medicine 'practiced' from the extremes of the haves vs. have nots - with very little in between. I have family in and from the Caribbeans and they kiss-the-ground of US re. our health care as too often unless you're very well off financially care is unapologetically bad, if even available.

I had a friend seriously injured in Italy, requiring highly skilled trauma care for a back injury. He was basically deposited at a local hospital engaged in that case, medieval options that his doctor locally per a phone call discouraged. Though in severe pain [and barey mobile] he got on the first plane heading home. Once arriving doctors confirmed that the procedures offered would have rendered him in far worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Healthcare in the states is garbage. Compares horribly to any public healthcare system in the developed countries of the world.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-15-22 at 02:39 PM.