I was looking around the site, and found some wonderful conversations from last year. [[http://www.lib.wayne.edu/services/in...on/searchpath/).

Does anyone have any more input on Sweetheart Bakery, New Era Chips, Chene Trombly Bowling, Chene Ferry Market??? I can't join the discussion since it's closed now....

Someone wanted to know the name of the 'candy store' near St Stannies, on Dubois. I do remember Walter's, but there was also a place called "Fritz's". Owned by a little old man and lady. Very dark inside. All the penny candy behind the glass counters. It was right on Dubois just off the corner of Medbury - across from Stannies.

Someone also discussed the soda shop "Werner's" on Chene St. I loved that place! Hard to decide between Werner's and JoeGees [[sp?). Some one else remembered the "frozen lindy's". The photo store on Chene where many of us had our communion pics taken. Torinos Bakery on Dubois and Hendrie. Palmer Bakery. Questions about neighbors raising pigeons... yes! I remember that.

The Home vs Iris movies. I still see a few links I can go to. But if anyone wants to talk more about the above places... esp in the 50's-60's, please write! Any photos?? Has anyone ever gone to the Detroit Public Library to look up photos or documents about the old neighborhood? What about Census Records?? Thanks everyone.