Lots of action at US Customs Amb Bridge Friday about 2 pm. As an on average weekly visitor to the US of A, I, a Canuckster, always have my passport at the ready. But today I forgot it. No worry. The Windsor Star reported US Customs would grant six months leniency to phase-in the program which began June 1. And last month I had a passenger in the car who didn't have a passport and went thru no problem. But not today!! Not only did I get lectured to at the primary inspection booth, I got YELLED at for ASSUMING there was a leniency period. This oversight sent me to Secondary inspection - the tiny office [[how come it's so small in this age of terror??) nearby. The place was packed! Seems US Customs was out for all manner of Canuck folk [[ok, ok, I know we're suspicious, especially when we carry Tim Hortons cups.) The place was crawling with unformed Customs - perhaps 25 in that confined space behind the counters. [[No wonder they were agitated.) In any case, ANOTHER YELLING LECTURE by the fat bald Customizer to me for not having a passport WHEN THIS PROTOCOL HAS BEEN PUBLICIZED FOR A YEAR AND A HALF! Then he gave me back by stand-in ID docs - birth certificate and driver's licnce, and I wished him a merry goodbye - da jerk.