Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
This thing is a joke. People keep talking about how you can use it for tigers games or to go to a museum... That is not what sustains public transportation. Commuters do. And the qline is so short, that you probably won't find many people who just so happen to live at one end and work at the opposite end of the line. If it were longer, you'd find more people who do.

Even if you do live and work along the line, it doesn't you help you avoid congestion, you have to wait for it to arrive and it's only saving you a couple miles of driving.

I know this option wasn't really on the table, but to be useful it needs to go further, needs FAR fewer stops per mile and needs to be able to bypass congestion via dedicated lane.
My view on it has evolved based on what I've read.

I still believe it is a short-haul system designed to move say a downtown worker to say his VA doctor at the VAMC or someone at WSU to downtown or the new school of business building, etc. etc. Those people aren't going to take their car from one parking lot to another and back to the original lot. They will take QLine or some other means of transportation.

What I see now happening is encouraging the so-called 'in-fill' development.

E.