Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Aww shucks....I got fired for trying to serve my country.
    I only took a trip overseas at the taxpayers expense and accepted free gifts in the name of doing my job. Ingrates!
    That's not why he was fired, that was just the excuse. Political appointees within the VA [[AKA Trump's representatives) having been trying to push Shulkin out for months because they saw him as an obstacle towards privatizing the VA.

Ask yourself this, if Shulkin was fired for misusing a few thousand dollars of taxpayer money to take his wife to Europe, then why hasn't Ryan Zinke been fired? Ben Carson? Scott Pruitt? They all wasted far far larger sums of taxpayer money on first class airfare, private jets, custom office furniture, etc. If we're holding people accountable as stewards of taxpayer dollars, I want to see all three of those men fired before June.

Anyways, another week, another top official fired. Which cabinet official will lose their job next week? "I only hire the best people." -Trump

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    But you see no problem with Facebook using the data to help the former commander in chief during the last election cycle?

Maybe FB should have a disclaimer that states....[[ We will use your data to further our agenda but others will be damned to try to use it against our will. Even if we get paid. )
    The Obama Campaign didn't violate Facebook's terms of service [[TOS) to harvest that data, Cambridge Analytica did. Pretty important distinction there, wouldn't you say? For starters, the Obama Campaign collected their data through an official campaign application. People who installed it KNEW that the app they were installing was from the Obama Campaign, there was no subterfuge.

Cambridge Analytica collected its data from a "personality quiz" application, whose fine print told users that their information would only be used for "academic research purposes", not for partisan political reasons. That's what we refer to in the real world as a "lie." They lied to people in order to collect their data. And that's why it's a violation of Facebook's TOS.

Also, Cambridge Analytica has been involved in all sorts of criminal activities outside their Facebook data debacle, including suspected blackmail and bribery of politicians, hiring prostitutes for politicians, and sending foreign citizens to illegally participate in American political campaigns. Did Obama do those things in 2012?
    Last edited by aj3647; March-29-18 at 08:15 AM.