Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Lafayette Park Phased History

I have another architectural question. Lafayette Park is a pretty giant development. I've been able to find that it appears that Chicago real estate financier Herb Greenwald developed Lafayette Pavilion first [[1958), and then the Lafayette Town house and Court Houses on Nicolet and Joliet west of the park by 1959 before Greenwald died that year. The Lafayette Towers on the east side of the park also appear to have been part of his original plan, but weren't completed until after his death [[1963).

Beyond that, though, thigns aren't as well documented. So I was wondering if any of you might happen to know who developed the other phases and when, particularly all of the stuff built along Orleans, including Cherboneau and Chateaufort and the shopping center at the corner with Lafayette. And then the Lafayette Park Extension south of Lafayette, particularly the stuff on Navarre, Ducharme Place, and then all the stuff fronting Larned [[Carlton Apartments, the complex at the corner of Larned and Orleans)?

1300 Lafayette actually has a lot of information on it, so I don't really need information about that tower, but the low-rise stuff I have no idea about.

BTW, is the block directly west of Lafayette Park Extension - the block across Rivard bound on the west by 375 - also part of Lafayette Park, or something simply designed to look similar to the stuff in the Extension?
    Last edited by Dexlin; December-03-17 at 01:52 AM.