On WHPR, Coleman A Young II, has his own show on Sunday evenings called "The Young Effect" that gives people the chance to call to express their local issues.

He has served in state government representing Detroit in both House and Senate.

However, although Coleman A Young II isn't his born name, that name alone has come to his advantage with those who have supported his father.

In his TV political commercial, "A Tale of Two Detroits", there was little to lie about in the concept. The majority of the point made was as truthful as it could get.

As a Detroit resident, I understand the message that comes from it.

However, it will take more than a mere commercial to get my support.

Mike Duggan has done a lot during his term. Some issues that were never addressed during previous administrations of other mayors.

For example, public transportation. The improvements are small, from 24hr routes, to bike-sharing throughout the downtown-midtown-new center area.

There is more businesses in Detroit than there was years ago. A comic book store recently opened downtown along with other businesses that I visit frequently.

Despite the positive, "A Tale of two Detroits" still lives on.

At this moment, he has also received a lot of endorsements from the Police, Fire, pastoral, even with some that worked with Young II's father.

I'm not trying to predict the results of the Detroit mayoral primary, but.....

It seems likely that these two will face each other after the primary.

The future of the City of Detroit is in the hands of the voters in November.

Which brings me to the point of this thread...

"A Tale of Two Detroits"

I would like to know from those in the thread, have you ever been outside those three areas of Detroit?

Downtown, Midtown, New Center

We'll include the Riverfront as well

Have you visited the other communities around the city? Share your experiences and while doing so, please share your opinions on how the "Two Detroits" can become one and what would it take.