I've never stepped foot in this Emagine theater myself, mainly as there is an MJR facility much closer to my house, but since they posted a Street View of sorts of their interior on Google Maps, it looked kinda nice with those props and even that mural on the north lobby wall. I personally have photographed it from Allen Road back in 2015 as well.

Apparently, I was completely unaware, until now, when I found this article, that it just closed on Sunday:
http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/am...fe131c6fa.html

It appears that the AMC chain just bought that theater and plans to reopen it this Friday with signage changes and plans on doing a full renovation this summer.

And since this was the only article I could find on AMC acquiring ANY Emagine facility, could this mean eventually AMC will acquire other Emagine locations?

If so, this could continue the long trend of AMC merging local area movie theater chains into their national reach. It's happened to Nicholas George Theaters and Suburban Detroit Theaters, it's happened to Star Theaters and already it's starting to happen to Emagine.

Emagine itself had been doing pretty well over the last few years by expanding it's footprint in the region and according to searches even expanding into the Chicago market. Perhaps this was the impetus for AMC to acquire one of their facilities?