Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Eastern Market Ten Year Explosion

I'm cool with most of this plan, but cannot abide a residential tower in the middle of the market.

The Eastern Market is quite varied, and those who live in the periphery are subject to many odd daily and weekly events...the clock starts much earlier there than in most places around the city. I know, I lived at the north end for years.

But putting a high-end residential tower smack in the middle? The first year these newbies are stuck in Flower Day weekend insanity, they'll know they should've done better due diligence. I'm sure they won't be happy with the Lion's fans, either.

I heard about this last night...and was flabbergasted. Unless they are going to have a helicopter pad on the top...putting bedrooms above market is just silly.

Wasn't somebody dreaming of an open-air music venue there, too?! I remember that being tossed about in recent years...I thought that frivolous, too, since Chene Park's amphitheater is under-utilized. It is just sitting there at the other 'end' of the Dequindre Cut...

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...food/84287234/
    Last edited by Gannon; May-17-16 at 07:17 AM.