Quote Originally Posted by LAS2AMS View Post
That said, Detroit's population will likely continue to decrease. There's still a fair number of people who've stuck around in outlying, decrepit neighborhoods comprised mostly of abandoned businesses & homes. Reality is, demolishing these neighborhoods is vital to Detroit's re-development, and with oodles of cheap housing available in other sections of city & inner-ring suburbs, there's no reason for people to be there anyway. The City being able to save money on providing infrastructure & safety far outweighs their needs.

I would think that the city is not in the business of determining what citizens needs deserve to be met and which ones do not.

To say ones needs outweigh another in the best interest of the greater good is just ...well..not very nice.I guess I will not say what I really want to say.

Of course, I would guess if one wanted to go door to door and explain to those living where they choose to in a free country that their needs do not apply and it would be better if they just pack up and move,you could try that and post how well it goes over here.