Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default What's Happening West of Cass By The Arena Site?

I keep posting to the effect that the arena will be up in two years and the question should be what will be happening due west of the arena [[West of Cass).

I kept suggesting that Ilitch Holdings owns almost no land west of Cass.

Well here is an article which suggest they have been picking up more strategic properties: The Michigan Chronicle building and apparently the 37 unit Cass Park Apartments [[I believe that is on 2nd and Ledyard - Next to the Baptist Center??? OR maybe adjacent to the Michigan Chronicle building).

I'm really, really wondering what is up with the entire blocks from Temple/Cass to Ledyard and beyond.

As I have posted many times, I see Temple Street [[between Woodward and say 2nd) and I see Cass between Temple and the Fisher as absolutely critical to the expansion of the Arena District and also an attempt to enliven the Masonic Temple area.

This should be fun to watch...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...icle/30641967/

I hope I got this Google map correctly but apparently what I think is the 'Baptist Center' is [[or was) for sale. It might be adjacent to the apartments [[Cass Park Apts?).

OR maybe the red brick mulit-family building next to the Michigan Chronicle building?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/47...4bdb5fc8bdb0a6
    Last edited by emu steve; July-24-15 at 11:13 PM.