Just joined, and enjoy reading the Detroit forums. Especially anything pertaining to the 60s era.My family left Detroit in '68 when I was 15. We lived on the corner of Grandy & Medbury. I am assuming this was poletown.
Would be great to hear from someone who lived in, or went to the area schools, [[Greusel Jr. High and, Ferry elemetary from '63 to 68. I haven't been back, but have toured the area using google maps. Why do I have this urge to keep looking back? Those were exciting times, with everything that was happening. Racial tensions, Vietnam War, the peak of Motown music, Apollo space program, and of course the Tigers! I think mostly it was my youth, which can never be captured again.
We moved to Detroit in the late 50s from NE Alabama [[insert your favorite stereotype here), where my father worked as a crane operator in the River Rouge Ford plant. Places we lived included Wayne, Tecumseh, Dearborn, and Monroe, before giving it up and returning to the south. Currently living in Savannah Georgia. Thanks