On one hand I see where he's coming from, but on the other, for example, if you look at the Alaskan pipeline, there hasn't been a significant spill from it since it was built. But they are not going to stop extracting oil from Canada. So they are movi
ng the oil by train and truck. Try to "google" or "Bing" "Oil train spill" and watch the DOZENS of articles that come up.

So sure it's nice that he wants to try to stop oil from expanding but on the other hand whats worse? a pipeline or oil spills on our roads and rails? Theres no win in this situation, alternative energies are farther off than we think.

Today's alternative energy market is this = Government gives money to millionaires and billionaires to make energy and when that energy is completely unaffordable the government subsidizes it.
I'm not trying to be political here, I'm just calling it as it is. Oil is nasty stuff and it's going to be transported one way or the other.

I have 2 points to make on this:
Point 1 - As long as they stall the pipeline from being built they put more money in Warren Buffett's pocket [[Big Democrat Donor & Railroad Tycoon), because the oil will continue to flow along his railways. Train shipment is currently BOOMING and backed up due to the oil transport business, and Buffett is eating it up!
http://www.investmentu.com/content/d...fetts-railroad

Point 2 - OIL IS NOT GOING ANY WHERE. Plastics are petroleum based. That computer you're using ... even the ones you environmentalists are typing on right now .. is made out of plastics! Plastics are made from OIL! Plastics and petroleum products are all around you. Oil will be around a long, long time.