Northland was a big thing in it's day. Even in the '80s, it was a delight to go to. I've already reminisced about that particular [[to Marshall Fields to Macy's) Hudson's location.
This loss will clearly mark the end of Northland Mall [[in Southfield) and it's history. I was none too happy when Tel-12 became an outdoor strip deal. They used to have a food court, Video Game Arcade, and have antique shows or early Lego displays of landmarks. And Wonderland...well, I worked there, my brother used to buy records in the Harmony House when it was an outdoor deal, so...yeah..I have my memories with that, as well. Even a scant mall with a tiny, cramped micro-plex theater deal can hold some memories of movies I went to go see.
Malls are sucking now. By having no book stores, no restaurants, no music store, but installing lots of chincy food courts or letting these awful kiosks flourish are what hurt them a lot. I don't worry about "type of clientele" shopping there. What gets me is seeing completely abandoned wings.
Oh, and as a Christian-without going into a huge trademark rant here-I thoroughly despise mega-church malls. They embody all Jesus would get pissed off about [[did I say "piss"?, sounds like a King James word-like in the book of Kings or something) and take a whip to....learn to appreciate old wine and beware the wide path that leads to destruction-in everything, folks.