Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Local movie theaters in the suburbs

Since the recent abrupt shuttering of the Palladium [[owned by Mr. Guy Who Owns Two Sports Teams, Makes Pizzas And Hates Historical Preservation) in Birmingham made headlines here, I'd thought I'd start this thread.

So, what were the movie theaters that you visit[[ed) when you live[[d) in the suburban cities of Metro Detroit?

I remembered the Southgate 4 on Fort Street [[it was on the site where a Meijer gas station now sits) right up until that closed in 1992 [[or probably 1991), then after that, it was the Star Taylor and today, there's the MJR Southgate 20.

I also remember the Wyandotte Theater during it's final years and I still remember passing by the Harbor in Ecorse when it was being torn down in 1988 or 1989.
    Last edited by mtburb; September-05-14 at 02:27 PM.