Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
Before you climb all over me, where did you think I was calling out the Lions for not being involved in the community??
No worries smoggy. I got your back on this one.

What I see here is Dbest completely missing your point of where sports should be in the Big Picture [[which you did mention). Sports, in particular- Lions football should not trump life's more important things. Somehow Dbest made the leap thinking that it was a knock against the Lions' charities. I'll shrug my shoulders at how he made that assumption based upon what I read and re-read.

The Lions do great work with those causes. No one is disputing any of that. Quite honestly here, no one has ever mentioned the charitable work that the Lions do. This is a thread to discuss what happens on the field. Maybe there needs to be a thread on that charitable stuff, but I'm not expecting our commissioner to go head that up. I didn't see anyone bashing them for it.

So, DBest... before you call our commissioner here, re-read smoggy's post and see what the hell he's talking about in its entirety and its context to sports, life and entertainment. There's nothing that knocks the Lions charities, their community or their causes in it at all. Smogboy's been championing this Lions' thread for a long ass time.