I just wanted to relate an incident that happened to me this morning. I had a meeting at the Guardian Building. I parked on the SW corner of Griswold & Larned which has no meters or parking restrictions. You can park there for free. When I came out, I noticed there was a red violation sticker on my passenger window. It indicted that I was illegally parked, that my vehicle was subject to ticketing or towing, and that my license plate number had been photographed. I thought it was strange that I would get this sticker, which looks like an abandoned vehicle sticker put on my car.

At first, I was angered, but on my way back to my work location, I gave some thought to this. I thought "If I really had a violation, I would've been given a ticket, not a sticker." Not knowing if this was some change by the Detroit Parking Dept, I called them to inquire about it. Amazingly, I was able to get through to not only an actual person, but a supervisor. She informed me that they've gotten several complaints of people getting this sticker put on their vehicles when parked there. She speculates it's coming from someone or entity inside the building on that corner. She reitirated to me that I wasn't in any kind of a violation and that they indeed would give me a ticket not a sticker.

I just wanted to pass this info along in case someone else has the same experience.