This has been a question that I have wanted someone [[mainly the powers that be) to answer for years. It makes no sense that to get to a supposedly busy street like "Vernor Highway," I have to turn down a side street [[16th in this case) to get to it. The answer lies in how the streets are configured in the area, obviously. The next question to ask is, "Why don't they [[the city) reconfigure the streets so that it's possible to make a left from Michigan Avenue to Vernor Highway. I know the intersection with 14th Street has a lot going on, but making a left at the intersection is not impossible.

As I see it, in order to make a left onto Vernor the eastbound lanes of Vernor need to become a two way. The westbound lanes would be closed at Michigan Avenue. As a result, some commercial/residential buildings could go up along that stretch down to 16th Street. Roosevelt Park would still exist but it would be behind these buildings.

Now, I know that priorities and or money is usually the motive as to why some things don't get done. However, now that this area is alive with activity from the businesses along that stretch of Michigan Avenue, it would seem logical that allowing a left turn at the said location would be the next step. If not for the convenience of motorists, at least for the possibility of spurring development in the area and eliminating a clusterf*** of roadage [[new word?).