Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Obviously you can't comprehend simple text. Like I said, if it was JUST about lower taxes, they would move to Bulgaria.
I still don't understand your point. Obviously no corporate decision is JUST about one factor, and plenty of places have even lower corporate taxes and costs.
BUT, it's more than being JUST about taxes. London has prestige as a financial center.
What does "prestige as a financial center" have to do about incorporation decisions? Nothing, because incorporation decisions are about legal domicile, not staffing. Auto companies don't have that many corporate finance guys, anyways, and if this drove locational decision making, the Big 3 would have always been in NYC.
Do you get what the word "prestige" means yet?? It's very prestigious to have your world HQ in London.
No, it isn't. If anything, companies try and avoid association with high cost cities. Makes the accountants very nervous, and contradict corporate messaging. That's [[in part) why Alcoa is officially HQ in Pittsburgh and MacysCorp in Cincy, even though the executive offices are in NYC. It's [[in part) why some of the biggest companies on earth are in nothing locations.

The most valuable U.S. companies, in order, are HQ in the
following cities-

Cupertino, CA [[Apple)
Irving, TX [[Exxon Mobil)
Omaha, NE [[Berkshire Hathaway)
Bentonville [[WalMart)
Fairfield, CT [[GE)
Armonk, NY [[IBM)
Redmond, WA [[Microsoft)
San Ramon, CA [[Chevron)

The most valuable European company, Nestle, is HQ in Vevey, Switzerland.

BTW last I checked, Italy's main language isn't English either--it's Italian, yet Turin has been Fiat's world HQ for a long time. As well as Bulgaria being an EU member, they have airports.
Thanks for the irrelevant anecdotes. Wow, who knew there were corporate HQ in non-English speaking nations? Who knew there were airports in Eastern Europe?