This is encouraging news and has me curious about Detroit River Fishing. Anybody do that?

With spring's reluctant arrival I notice boat fisherman regularly assemble off Hart Plaza. I wonder if it for the view [that's why I would fish there] or if it is a particularly good spot for some reason.

Friends of the Detroit River took the initiative to survey nearly 300 people who ate Detroit River fish from 2011-12. Robert Burns, Detroit River keeper from Friends of the Detroit River, also utilized existing surveys from both sides of the border.

According to the Detroit River Canadian Cleanup, of those who had eaten fish from the Detroit River, 90 per cent said the taste of the fish from the river was now “good” to “excellent,” while 10 per cent rated the taste as “fair.” Not one reported the taste of fish to be poor.
Below - Detroit River fisherman anchored in the waters off Hart Plaza in Downtown Detroit with the tug Leonard M and Dieppe Park in Windsor, Ontario as their backdrop.

“Let’s celebrate the way we have reclaimed and are reclaiming the Detroit River to its more natural state,” said Lana Pollack, chair U.S. section, International Joint Commission. “Let’s look forward seven generations and avoid anything that we can. We’re lucky to be living in this place, let’s make it better and better.”