Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
OOoo-wee! It's going to be a bumpy summer! Wait the the blue state boys start to sweep the teen and other gatherers at the 'strip' where they congregate and show off their cars enmass! They'll have fun blowing their horns, pulling over folks, and stopping folks checking paperwork on that.
Times they are a changing.

Coalition Against Police Brutality gets called out after blaming the police chief for encouraging people defend themselves by force in a home invasion.

Overtly racist billionaire gets called out, banned, and will be forced to sell his property. [[No one's crying any tears for the billionaire, but we don't have to go back too far in history to find a time where his behavior was tolerated or even embraced.)

It pains me to see that we still have so many people living in a totally deluded world where you are blaming homeowners for defending themselves in a home invasion. Or where a billionaire gets to pretend he's a plantation owner and make money in the process.

Regardless, the forces of change are upon us, and both extremes are being confronted with the reality that their worldview is dying an inevitable death.

I don't have a problem with anyone -- anyone -- who wants to come on Belle Isle, drive below the speed limit, drive sober, and make the island friendly for families. "Families" is not code for white people. It means open drug use, urination in public, playing loud music [[without permit), and other such shenanigans are now off the table.

Last weekend I went for a bike ride and found myself parked next to a van with 3 people inside complaining about how they felt like police were trying to get rid of black people from the island. [[The 3 of them were also black). I couldn't help but note the irony that police were leaving them alone because they weren't playing loud music, driving drunk, or speeding.

People are going to have to change. I read somewhere that the Mayor has gotten 6 speeding tickets in the last 6 years. That'll end soon, or he'll get his license suspended. People are going to have stop breaking into homes, or they will get shot. Friday Night Freaknik will have to find a new venue.

OMG, what is Belle Isle without loud cruisers, unsafe speeders, and drunk drivers??? A nicer, better park.

Addition by subtraction baby. Better get on the train, otherwise you'll get left behind...white or black.