Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

First, let me say this clearly: There are caring and good people on both sides of this difficult issue, and there are going to be winners and losers whatever the courts determine. To believe otherwise sets forth a construct were freedom of opinion is justifiably stilted right at the start.

Perhaps some desire a stilted outcome. I do not!

Summarily demonizing everyone in opposition to gay marriage as a 'hater' is very intolerant IMO.

Talk about a race-to-the-bottom, or shall I say CHASE-to-the-bottom!

Further, the 'die off' premise is useless as there will remain [[young and old) those who'll not compromise their position for moral and other reasons -- locally and globally. That percentage will not just be the oldsters -- one foot in the coffin.

And, perhaps, shockingly to some, some of these 'haters' actually have gay friends and family members that they LOVE! They have a voice and struggle in this too.

Sadly, however some may choose to keep their views private against being codified a 'hater'. Similar to those who fear being called racist if they make any criticism re. another race or view on something of a racial content.

If silencing is a goal [[or outworking) I would not call that a victory per se.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    As more and more bigoted old people die off and are replaced by young people that are more loving and accepting of others the overall attitude will change.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-23-14 at 09:42 AM.