Quote Originally Posted by a100driver View Post
+1 on what Gnome and Honky Tonk said about St Francis fish fry. I was there for the opening at 11am last Friday as usual. Excellent as usual. The people and the atmosphere also really make half of it for me. I was disappionted and saddened to hear that one of my favorite old ladies who collected your money when you walked in passed away, and that the "pop man" with his cart can no longer help due to health issues wasn't there either. I will still support St. Francis and their dedicated bunch. Plus, I have a hard time concentrating when I go there for mass...the church is beautiful and my eyes wander all over.
I agree. It's an old school, blue collar, church atmosphere that has gone by the wayside. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing, and about pop-man. He's my fav. Always a snide comment. Those elderly people are my heros. @ their age, they're still cooking, cleaning, bussing tables, kickin' it out & making a difference. I hope I have half the energy and enthusiasm they do when I reach their age. I missed "opening day" through no fault of my own. I plan on making it this Friday.