Haven't been to Whole Foods. I could care less. They remind me of Walmart with the way they moved into the market late, and right on the doorstep of local businesses. So what if the grapes aren't perfect at YOBS? I will and do give them some slack because I prefer to shop at a local business over a chain any day of the week.

The way some people have fallen all over themselves to support Whole Foods saddens me, when in spite of popular opinion the central core has many good food options. Harbortown has been slow lately. Locally owned, a clean and well-stocked store, ample, guarded parking, and they've been serving the neighborhood for more than a quarter of a century. Some prices are a bit high, but consider they have an upscale community literally in their back yard. Most prices are competitive and sale prices are often excellent. I would hate to see them, Lafayette Foods, Honey Bee, University Foods or YOBS become casualties of WF.

This is food we're talking about folks, not a new car. You consume it every day. Spread the wealth around or don't cry crocodile tears when one of them closes.